Yuvan Shankar Raja connects well with Lingusamy



Picture Taken in Vettai Premiere Show
Coming up with tunes that are different with every film can be a challenge for any composer. But for Yuvan Shankar Raja, it has been a breeze. Starkly different from his earlier superhit scores for Lingusamy's film Paiyaa, the music of his latest film Vettai has delighted music buffs and how!

Says Yuvan, "For me, the important thing was that the audience did not connect the songs of Vettai with Paiyaa. It had to be completely different as the film itself belongs to a totally different genre. I can safely say I have managed to create something different."

Working with Lingusamy, Yuvan says, was a wonderful experience. "Both of us connect really well. He's the kind of director who gives me my space and is not too interfering. He just lets me do my job. It's been a smooth sailing mainly because we share a wonderful working equation. Plus, I know exactly what he wants," he says.

The film also sees Yuvan in the avatar of a crooner! Although he has sung for some of his films in the past, the composer has debuted as a folk singer this time around with the hugely popular Papapa... number.

"It was a new experience for me, singing a folk number. But I must admit it was a lot of fun though. Initially, the song, which is a peppy folk number, was supposed to be the introduction song. After recording the number and seeing the way it turned out, Lingusamy decided to include the song at a later stage in the film."

Vettai, produced by UTV Motion Pictures and Thirrupathi Brothers, opened to the audience on January 14 across the globe, and trade reports show the film is rocking the box office as family audiences find it to be a complete entertainer.

Yuvan signs off, "The audiences are lapping up the film as it offers them wholesome entertainment and a joy ride for this Pongal festival."


An Article from Times of India

0 comments:

Post a Comment